Work-life balance is about taking those small moments to stop and ground yourself. Literally, stop to smell the flowers. It’s that simple!
10 Tips for work-life balance:
1) Define clear goals for yourself. Personal goals and professional goals. It becomes your road map. Share them with your best friend. It makes you more accountable.
2) Practice presence. The first step is to understand the value of paying attention.
3) Call a “time in” to get a 60-second break in your day to relax, recharge and enjoy some silence. You can do this at work, in the shower, at a stoplight or waiting for an elevator.
4) Make gratitude a habit.
5) Re-write your daily schedule and carve out 1/2 hour each day to exercise. Do what you like. You owe this to yourself.
6) Practice daily meditation.
7) Walk your dog.
8) Do something spontaneous with a friend.
9) Make time for play with the people you love.
10) Recapture the perspective of your youth.
As you think about work-life balance, remember that the best way to make lasting changes is to start with one positive fitst step. Keep at it – one step at a time.
You’re on your way!
” Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans” – John Lennon