The average cost of a bad hiring decision can equal 30% of the individual’s first year potential earnings. Also, bad hiring decisions account for 30% of employee turnover in small businesses.
Small Business owners usually have limited budgets. At the same time, they’re not able to devote a lot of resources into their hiring process. Since you don’t hire in large volume, you may not have extensive experience in screening and evaluating candidates.
You need an efficient way to ensure you select the right candidates at the right place and the right time, without requiring a huge investment. Employment assessments can make the process easier and more reliable.
There Is More
Employee assessments can give you consistent, in-depth, and objective information about the people you interview. This includes the candidate’s:
- Fit with business culture
- Knowledge, skills, job performance, and developmental needs
- Preferred learning and communication style
- Integrity, reliability and work ethic, and attitude towards substance abuse
- Response to conflict, stress, and frustration
Information uncovered from assessments helps you rely less on gut instinct and make smarter people decisions.
- Selecting people most likely to succeed in a job
- Accelerating time for people to become fully productive in a new role
- Improving alignment and communication between managers and employees
- Reducing workforce conflict and improving employee satisfaction
- Maximizing each employee’s contribution to the organization
- Reducing employee absenteeism and turnover
- Reducing frequency and cost of theft
- Increasing sales performance and customer loyalty
- Enabling strategic workforce management and succession planning
- Increasing overall workforce capability, productivity, and agility
Employment assessments are a solution to your hiring nightmares. Are you convinced?